Saturday, October 8, 2016

Ginger Bread Couple

Hey everyone,
it's Maike again and I would love to share a card with you using the new Snow Angel set.


First I stamped and coloured two of the cute ginger bread men, colouring one a little darker than the other. That one was supposed to become the male, so I coloured his accents in a teal colour and the lighter one - the girl - got the red accents ;o) Next I fussy cut them out, which took almost no time at all, and painted their edges black to make it look like I had cut them out perfectly ;o) Now it was time to give the cute couple a place to "sit", so I die cut a rectangle from some patterned paper and die cut a circle from that. I marked down on the card base where the opening was going to be with a pencil and stamped the circle sentiment in place. ("Frohe Weihnachten" is German for "Merry Christmas".)


When I placed the patterned paper over the circle again, the white from the background felt too bright, so I decided to take some "Candied Apple" Distress Ink and sponge some on the inside of the circle. That was a lot better ;o) I used foam tape to glue the paper to the card base, added a red frame around the window to match the colour on the inside and place the ginger bread couple inside. I glued one of them directly to the card, the other one is raised up with foam tape. In order to bring some red to the patterned paper as well I used a red marker to highlight some parts of the Christmas carol and also used the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter pen to add some shimmer to the red frame. Unfortunately it is really hard to see in the pictures though.


I hope you have enjoyed this Christmas card even though it is only October. ;o)
Have a fabulous weekend and happy crafting,
Maike

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!