Friday, June 10, 2016

VIDEO: Masking & the MISTI featuring Blast Off & Alien Invasion

Hi, everyone!  It's Tara from Curl E. Cue's and I am so excited to be sharing my very first project as part of the Gerda Steiner Designs design team!!  I just love coloring all of the adorable images and am so happy to be joining this talented group!


For my first project I created a set of cards using the cute little alien that is featured in both the Blast Off and Alien Invasion stamp sets.  To me, he looks like a little alien gummy bear - especially after I colored him all up in rainbow colors!  I used my MISTI to help me create six cards with the same one-layer design and used some full-adhesive Post-It notes to create little masks.


I stamped everything on Bristol Smooth White card stock so I could color it all in with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers (I'm kind of obsessed with those at the moment).  


I think the best part of these cards is the story they tell.  By finishing off the inside of the card it created a fun finish to the card by letting you know that little gummy bear alien got his cake!!  


If you're interested in learning more about how I created these cards, check out the video tutorial!  I can't wait to see you again with more fun projects!  Thanks so much and have a fabulous weekend!  Bye!


SUPPLIES:


8 comments:

  1. Tara! Just watched your video and all I can say is...WOW! I love this set of cards and all the little details you added...so perfect! These cards made me smile and so did your video! Congrats on joining the DT...I can't wait to see what else you share with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Judy!! I'm so happy to be a part of the team :)

      Delete
  2. Welcome again Tara!!! These bunch of cards are adorable!!!!!! :) Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Tara these are just the sweetest. You inspire me to play with my Zigs. I love them but I need a LOT of practice. This makes me want to pull them out and colour everything! LOL
    Congratulations again on joining the GS DT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should color everything!! Imagine how bright and happy the world would be if we could do that?? Keep using those Zigs, they will totally get easier to use! Thanks so much, Teresa! You are so supportive no matter where I post my projects and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it :)

      Delete
  4. Your cards are adorable!!! I love those gummie aliens!!!! Awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim! It was such a great accident that they ended up being gummies!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment!